So if you haven’t already gone organic you might be thinking that this is just some
hippie thing cut out for those people that are okay with not showering or shaving right? Or maybe it’s a trendy thing for rich people…? But there are some astonishing reasons for why you may want to reconsider what you put in and on your body!
- The US has the highest rate of cancer of any country on the planet
- Nearly all of the approximately 10 billion animals raised and killed in the US annually suffer inhumane conditions at industrial farms. Many birds die because their heart and lungs cannot support this rate of growth, and the unnatural indoor conditions compromises their immune systems, leading to increased use of antibiotics and vaccines.
- Overuse of antibiotics in farm animals leads to the development of dangerous antibiotic-resistant infections in humans.
- Today, the organization says 60 percent of herbicides, 90 percent of fungicides, and 30 percent of insecticides are cancer-causing. The National Academy of Sciences said in 1987 that pesticides may cause 1.4 million additional cases of cancer in the United States. They also cause birth and nerve defects as well as genetic mutation.
- Migration studies show your likelihood of developing cancer quadruples if you move here from a different country.
- 1 out of 2 men and 1 out of 3 women are expected to develop cancer
- Organic philosophy means raising animals in harmony with nature.
- The average food product travels about 1,500 miles to get to your grocery store? And that transporting food accounts for 30,800 tons of greenhouse gas emissions every year
Last but not least, organic food tastes SO much better!